lørdag 27. oktober 2007

Postmodernism

When I was in the USA I went to this church every Sunday.
I learned a lot there, mostly about how to appreciate God and how to be thankful
and so on.
I got this book from this girl in my American family and it's a student worldview to different religions and philosophy.
I read in it from time to time and last time I read it I kind of got this whole understanding for postmodernism.

Yeah it all makes sense to me, I'm not a protestant at all, I don't know if i believe in postmodernism, but it seems interesting to me.

Reality
Reality must be interpreted through our language and cultural "paradigm".
Therefore, reality is "socially constructed".

Man
Humans are nodes in a cultural reality they are a product of their social
setting. The idea that people are autonomous and free is a myth.

Truth
Truths are mental constructs meaningful to people within their own cultural paradigm.
They do not apply to other paradigms. Truth is relative to one's culture.

Values
Values are part of our social paradigms as well.
Tolerances, freedom of expression, inclusion and refusal to claim to
have the answers are the only universal values.

1 kommentar:

Daniel Ha Gen sa...

..Hvordan linker jeg? D: